Beiträge von Qidiot

Man um das Flachbandkabel abzustecken, das PCB rausnehmen muss (sonst kommt man nicht an die Auslösehäkchen). Deswegen müssen die Kabel länger gelassen werden.

Das muss ich mir mal genauer anschauen.

Der erste 90° Knick ist ja bereits im Kabel (zumindest bei mir).
    Somit war mein Gedanke, dass das Kabel dann in einem größeren 180° Bogen mit kabelfreundlichem Radius Richtung Bracket/Klemme geführt werden kann.

Allerdings habe ich noch nicht wirklich ausprobiert wie man bei einem voll aufgebauten Extruder die Kabel auf und abgesteckt bekommt weil ich meine Teile ständig zum Druck im Einsatz habe.

Griffmulde habe ich schon oft überlegt. Und mir dann aus Bequemlichkeit gesagt "hey, so wird das Teil 2 Gramm leichter" :S

Denke aber schon, dass es noch eine 1.x Version geben wird, die optisch und technich noch besser wird.

Auch wenn mir grade (ich drucke momentan den letzten Tw*eakarus Entwurf) ein Remix durch den Kopf geraucht ist, der bis zur Hüfte Icarus und oberhalb Tw*erkules ist.

Es ist eine Seuche wenn man so ein 3D Design Noob ist wie ich und man nicht so recht weis, wie man das in den Rechner gemalt bekommt :rolleyes:

Yes, i m aware of it.

This is one of the reasons why i want to test the design soon.
    I need to find out if the combination of the Icarus duct with the Tw*ercules works even the duct is not centered.

Moving the outlet is a big thing for a noob like me. When i can avoid it i will leave my hands off.

Because from what i see the square holes are placed alligned on each other.

Also i´m a bit concerned because visually it looks like the air air outtakes blowing more towards the nozzle than the original Hercules duct.

For me it´s just an additional opportunity, when it don´t work there´s still the fallback to the original fanduct.

Ich denke, ein paar kleiner Änderungen später habe ich mein (vorerst) finales Design.

@ Olaf

Hast du noch Kapazitäten frei für eine Auftragsproduktion?

Da ich immer noch kein PC-FR extra dafür kaufen möchte würde mir das Helfen.
    Zumal ich den Drucker auch wegen der langen Druckzeit wieder eine Etage tiefer schleppen müsste :D

Zum einen mein Final, dazu den Icarus Fanduct.

Nur Druck, keine Nacharbeit, keine Gewinde etc.

Interesting :)

According to my earlier calculations I believe the Orbiter extruder will hit the PCB.

Version 1.2 is almost complete. It prints entirely without supports now, a few other fixes too.

Damn, you´re right.
    All connectors are OK but the Motor connector.

Disappointing ?( .

Not so easy to solve.

One possibiity is to move the Holder 12-15 mm towards the Cable Bracket.

Other opportunity would be to install it at the front end side (like the original)

Since i don´t use the Dial Gauge Holder anyway, it´s worth a try...

Also, its structure will be significally weaker with this 4020 mount. Not saying it won't be strong enough but I would advise against it. :)

Yes, i mentioned it before.

But i´m not too concerned.

It´s more dangerous as long the Carriage is not mounted, yes, but as soon as it is clicked on the rails, there will not be a difference.
    The Linear Guides give the ridgity, not the carriage.

Sooooo.

Maybe i should open a new Thread, but i will leave the descission to Olaf.

The first Version of Tw*eacarus is about to go online.

This Tweak of the Icarus is espacialy for those people which want to keep the 4020 Fan for Noise reduction and power.

So i moved the PCB Holder to the backside of the Part Cooler and opened the Frame do get space for the Hotend Fan.

Also i changed the Wire-holder according to humebeame´s latest gadget.

What you see at once is that the Frame is open at one side, so now the Fan is part of the strenght .
    This means to be carefull after printing not to breake it, additional in my opinion it is neccessary to mount the full extruder before clamp it on the linear guides.

But then the guides keep it rigid.

It is not printed by me yet, so i don´t know the effect on weight, but i don´t think it´s a lot.

Let´s hear your opinions.

Some changes later...

I lowered the PCB Holder 5 mm because i´m afraid that the cable interferes with the Y-Axis Drive Shaft when printing in Y150. plus Area.

Not sure if it is too low now :rolleyes:

Also i added 4 additional holes for the Icarus Fan Duct which i like because it is shorter (safes at least 5 grams ^^ )

Unfortunatly i must drive into holidays tomorrow so there´s no time for another test print :D.

So i add the stl just in case, someone else wants to check it out in the meantime.
    I´ll keep online!Hercules Qidiotenmod v6.zip

Introducing: Tw*ercueles! (Tweak of Hercules ;) )

Heute ist ein Testdruck durchgelaufen.
    Very dirty, nur in PLA+ und mit 70 mm/sec mit 0,5 er Nozzle.

Dient wirklich nur dazu, mal was in der Hand halten zu können.
    Aber ich denke, so passt es für mich schon fast.

Hinter dem PCB gibt es ein Loch um auch an die dritte Extruderschraube zu gelangen, so sollte die Komplettmontage gut möglich sein.

(muss bei mir warten, ich muss noch ein paar Sachen drucken)

Der Abstand PCB Holder/FAN ist noch ein wenig knapp. mal sehen ob ich da noch was machen kann.

Voraussetzung ist nur noch humebeame´s Kabelhalter, auch wenn ich mir vorstellen könnte, dass die Klemmung auch schon ihren Dienst tut

Entschuldigung für die Farbe, drückt ein wenig auf die Augen, aber es war grade im Drucker :D

Ich gebe die Hoffnung nicht auf.

Heute ist erstmal der Hercules Mod fertig geworden, der geht morgen in den Probedruck.

Wenn der dann brauchbar aussieht werde ich mir Icarus auch nochmal zur Brust nehmen.

Elon Musk hat seine Falcon Heavy, dann sollte ein "Icarus Heavy" auch erlaubt sein 8)

For Hercules it should not be placed there, it would be in the way of BMG extruder access, just take a look at Chad's design, it's not very good in that aspect. That was one of the reasons I developed Hercules in the first place. Not sure I understand what twisted cable means, it's supported by the ribbon holder.

For Icarus the situation is different as the extruder is mounted from above, the PCB holder could be relocated without issues

My attempt is driven by the issue that he cable tends to slide out of the ribbon.

Now i could clamp it, a way which you choose on Icarus from what i see.

But i don't really like the tension when i plug/unplug the cable on the PCB.

And i also want to try to find out if i can change your Hercules to my opinion.

And if ifail, at least i learned a lot how to desingn with Fusion360 8)

Zitat

although I don't see why it should.

Because you can :D

zumindest bei Chad mod hat sich ASA bei mir gut verformt - der Fanduct war nach eine Woche hin.

Das habe ich schon mit dem original HT Hotend geschaft. Teil ohne Airblow gedruckt und gewundert warum es mir ständig die Magnetplatte verdreht. Bis ich gesehen habe dass mir der selbstgedruckte ASA Fanduct am Teil hängenbleibt weil er total verzogen war.

That was in fact the original placement for the original Icarus design, the PCB behind the blower fan. But I moved it for a reason, can't remember exactly why at the moment. It's fine where it is IMO :)

I don't use Icarus so far but Hercules, but i think the disadvance of the twisted cable is similiar.

Currently i try to change the design of the Herc but i think i need anoher week since i'm still a noob regardind CAD

Hallo,

Was spricht dagegen den Halter aus ASA zu drucken?

Hat PC soviel mehr Vorteile ?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Thermisch hat es durchaus Vorteile.

Wenn du nur PLA auf einer kalten Platte druckst oder bestenfalls 50°C mag ASA durchaus eine Weile OK sein, aber ein großes Teil mit 280° und 100° Betttemperatur, da wird dir ASA wahrscheinlich beizeiten aus der Form geraten.

Oh, don´t worry.

I really appreciate your efforts, i just wanted to tell my thoughts.

I remember, when i modified the original Extruder for the first time, also found on Thingiverse, i was pretty disapointed that the 50 mm Fan was as loud as the 30 mm =O

Only when i cut out the Grid out of the housing, the noise disappeared.

So for me fanblades and obstacles are bad partners.

At the other hand i tend to think, noise of the heatbrake fan is overestimated.
    Because, depending on the filament the part cooler, which is a radialfan, runs at 70-100%,
    So the increase by the axial fan is a minor effect.

But, we are playkids, bigger is better by default :S

I´m in doubt that the 4010 makes less noise when you hide him behind the hexagon grid.
    You should open that area and make the fan a part of the rigidity.

Additional i obviously underestimate how small the heatbrake is.
    Guess, with that steepness of the duct the flow of the air will be pretty bad and will produce to much pressure due to drag.

My feeling is, the duct must be longer and the fan need to move to the outside anyway. Or at least even with the boundaries of the Carriage

No need to rush, in my case in the next month i´m satisfied with Hercules.

Meanwhile i imported your .step in Fusion and tried out how it may fit.

Jeees, that timing belt is pain in the ar***.
    It is hard to find a way to get out of the way AND get enough air to the heatbreak AND avoid the airbraking and heavy duct AND keep stable...

Now i slowly understand why i wanted to leave it for you... 8o

By way, you show a 3D Model of the Orbiter/Phaetus assembling, is it selfmade or do you have a source?