Nächstes Projekt: Batteriespeicher für daheim

• Hello,
    New here, and beginner on this forum,
    I have been pointed to check here for info regarding GMDE inverter's or maybe better not to use them..?

Forgive me writing in English, hope there's no problem for all to read it, please do reply in German.
    Not a problem reading German for me.

Learned from the project of Trond from Norge with the Nissan Leaf batteries, by reading in http://www.photovoltaikforum.com/
    Then I started searching and found Olaf Krause's forum

I have read with interest the story line of Joerg, though be it with a different focus,
    so glad to find a GMDE diy-project that had a REC-BMS working with the Ge-atom 318KTL.
    I learned of the misfortune with Joergs GMDE inverter, and the bad service he had from China.

Meanwhile we are in 2016, GMDE has set-up a service center in Germany.
    check: http://www.lambda-gmbh.de/
    I was happy to get a life person on the phone, in Europe, which gave me confidence.

I simply cannot afford SMA IS x3 for having 3-phase,
    so an option would be to give GMDE a serious thought.

Furthermore:

GMDE GE-atom 318KTL, now is available with a battery voltage of 40 to 100V,
    exactly what I need.

I have been lucky to score 2 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV 12Kw batteries, 24Kw total
    Per battery there are 10 Yuasa LEV40-8 cell-blocks 30V/40Amp, in series.

I plan to connect them in two serial @60V, 5 pairs parallel, nicely matching with the voltage bracket of the GEatom 318KTL 40-100V
    Bringing the number of cell-blocks down to a total that will fit REC BMS16
    Using the Rec BMS + Joerg's Loxone server EMS solution, it could happen that I may get my ESS battery bank to work with GMDE inverters....

So here's my bid for help.

@ Joerg,
    could you consider helping out with your particular set-up with the Loxone server that was the EMS interface between REC bms and the GMDE 318KTL

@ all,
    any suggestions, would be appreciated

I have attached some pictures, and info regarding the Outlander PHEV baterry.
    The attached Yuasa pdf's are regarding the LEV50-8, but Outlander blog's suggest,that the Lev40-8 has the same characteristics but for the amps
    Both cars were production date 10/2013, most likely commissioned/registered on or close to jan/2014. Start of the fiscal year, and lease company owned.
    Scrapped, around may 2016, given 365 days a year x 2 + a bit extra makes a 1000 cycles or less, of the 5500 claimed cycles, so 4500 cycles left ( I hope)
    That will give around 10 years life span, when in use as ESS. More than enough for me.

In the battery salvage came some more goodies like contactors; triple pole brand Omron model G9EA-3-CA, and a lot of bushbar

with regards

Carel Hassink

• Hello All,

update,
    last weekend,
    I have worked on copper bush bar with a homemade jig drilling a lot of holes.
    Bushbar is 3 by 20mm. 128 cells 8P 16S total 320Ah 60V nominal 65.6V if fully charged 19.2Kw or better
    Fits our current strategy with GMDE inverter.

OOps, against strong advise from Joerg I did pursue GMDE, but experienced a setback, as they have changed product spec's.
    Now their 40-100V DC models has no integrated graphical interface any longer, but operate in slave-mode with an external modbus plc.

I have been so happy with the project"EMDO" Daniel Haense the man behind it, offered help realizing the so badly needed interface between REC BMS EMDO and GMDE.
    It is obvoius the EMDO is in the market to become the "wonder translator" in a gnu licensed world. So to help a lot of enthousiasts, including myself.

Wanted to go for the "Volkswagen solution", every one get one, but I may need to crawl back....
    At the moment looking at options.

See pictures, progress on the battery bank.
    + my current stock 24 Lev40-8 [email protected] each,
    and goodies, lot's of Omron contactors.

to be continued,

regards,
    Carel

• Offizieller Beitrag

looks very good and perfectly assembled.
    I would be interested also in prices for the material (especially the non battery stuff). I am long term thinking to extend /replace my Nissan pack but price & maintenance costs/effort is the main factor for timeline.

My Nissan/SMA/REC setup is now running since 6 month without any hickup not even a config change. That is my expectation level also for a new solution. Usable capacity 20kWh (after inverty losses etc.) - I could go for much more but I intentially did not go to max/min U values to keep the SOC always within the healthy range.

• Olaf, sorry for the late reply

Last 2 weeks have been full.
    Happy to have found a real job, be it in the UK,
    Now at home after 2 weeks of travel.

What are you looking for??

Nissan Leaf batteries are the best..? high density power, imo easier to connect than my Yuasa cells.
    Anyhow, my thing was, if it's hard to get Nissan bat's, perhaps go for something else.
    Up here in Holland we have around 50.000 Outlander PHEV, that's a lot on our small population of 16Million souls.
    So I took for the Yuasa bat's.

The other stuff:
    copper bushbar is new from the metal shop, quite pricey
    The breakers come from a company specialized in dis-mantling server rooms and no-break installations.
    I intend to give them a visit shortly to find out what else they have on stock (Rotterdam area)
    I have contactors from Omron 4 3-pole and 4 2-pole models
    Rack is saved from scrap yard.

At the moment my project is on hold:
    waiting for BMS and GMDE 6Kw 3-phase inverter charger 40-100V DC to come in.
    I expect REC BMS next week, GMDE by boat from China may take till beginning November.

Yuasa Battery blocks LEV40-8 came from different vehicles, and have different voltages.
    Per complete battery pack all the same (=10 pieces), but my ESS has 16 cell blocks from 2 different cars.
    I have found a website: http://store.evtv.me/proddetail.php?prod=revolextrix&cat=15
    They work with a Revolectrix charger, to pin a given voltage to a battery pack, in my case the virtual 8p cell 320Ah, want to have all of them to exactly 4.5V
    So I can start right away with the BMS later
    The Powerlab 8 i can be bought for around €275 here in Holland including VAT.
    I have ordered one to set all 8p "cells" to the same voltage.

with regards
    Carel

From Holland
    14.2Kwp cis panels Goodwe 6000DT x2 + Goodwe 2000S x1
    LI-ION Yuasa LEV40 36Kw 56.25V nominal 640Ah ESS, REC Q16S , SMA SI 8.0 single phase

follow me on http://facebook.com/carel1956

second life ev li-ion batteries

• Offizieller Beitrag

ah sorry thought you have the GMDE meanwhile - but hej job & family first!
    Just interested if your setup runs stable without hickups and what the efficiency is. I will hold the horses until your equipment is there and fully installed :)

• Jetzt etwas größer

Ach ja, so einen Zellenblock 9 habe ich auch.
    Der will nicht so richtig an Volt bekommen, der Hersteller meinte ich soll noch 14 Tage warten.Dann kann das besser werden

Hallo Jörg.

Hoffe Deine Anlage läuft ohne Probleme.

Meinen läuft jetzt seit September 2015 stabil.

Obwohl meine Zellen noch nie über 27 Grad warm wurden, habe ich jetzt festgestellt, dass bei drei Zell Stapeln ein
    Spannband gebrochen ist.

Da Du ja bis auf die Kapazität , ich benutze 100 Ah Zellen, die Zellen des selben Herstellers benutzt, meine Frage: Konntest Du ähnliches bei Deinen Zellen beobachten?

Gruß Winfried

• Hello Winfried,

I'm new, but found something on youtube, that might be of help.

Just to check if the bursting of "spannband" is due to a dying cell (if they swell up, not so good),
    follow the procedure described in the video, or use it as a pointer where to look for.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

This was exactly the reason I ordered one of these powerlab 8 chargers, so I could do it myselves.

Regards Carel

From Holland
    14.2Kwp cis panels Goodwe 6000DT x2 + Goodwe 2000S x1
    LI-ION Yuasa LEV40 36Kw 56.25V nominal 640Ah ESS, REC Q16S , SMA SI 8.0 single phase

follow me on http://facebook.com/carel1956

second life ev li-ion batteries

• Hi Olaf, ich hatte Dich mal bei FB angeschrieben. Die Nachricht ist wohl nicht angekommen. Ich habe eine Frage zu der Sicherung und eine zur Polung des Contactors.

An welcher stelle hast du die Sicherung eingebaut. Auf einem deiner Bilder sehe ich dass du von Batterie + direkt auf den Contactor gehtst. Winfried hat dazwischen seine Sicherung eingebaut. Hast du sie zwischen battier - und shunt, wie in der planung zu sehen ist oder hast gar keine Sicherung drin, wegen des lasttrennschalters?
    http://www.nothnagel-marine.de/images/REC-BMS…_Island_15S.jpg
    offpist hatte die sicherung zwischen batterie + und dem contactor
    jörg fährt direkt von bat - an den shunt und mit bat + an den contactor

Ich habe keine aussagekräftige Info darüber gefunden wo ich beim Contactor die Batterie und wo den Sunny island + anschließe. Es gibt ja A1 und A2.

Anbei noch einige Bilder vom aktuellen Stand.

• Offizieller Beitrag

kurz als text ich hoffe es geht ohne Grafik.

vom SI geht es direkt auf den Trennschalter (BattFuse), sieht man ja auf den Bildern. Im Plus Zweig ist noch eine Schmelzsicherung eingebaut (sieht man nirgends, da hinter den Batterien). Der Contactor ist direkt an der Batterie. Aus meiner Sicht kann man eigentlich auf eine weitere Schmelzsicherung verzichten wenn die NH Sicherungen im BatFuse richtig ausgelegt sind. Ich hab Sie nur drin, weil ich eben schon eine hatte.

shunt hängt auch direkt an der Batterie. Batterie hängt am A1 vom Contactor, SI/Sicherung am A2. unten noch ein unbenutzer weißer Contactor.

• prima, vielen Dank, so hatte ich den Contactor angeschlossen.

nun ist alles verkabelt, auch das BMS läuft

nur der SI lässt sich nicht einschalten.

viel kann man hier doch nicht falsch machen oder?

Die AC Seite ist wie im Handbuch beschrieben verkabelt.

Vielen Dank für Ideen

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hast Du mal die Spannung am SI gemessen (DC) - was heisst denn nicht einschalten?

• DC Spannung liegt noch keine an. Ich dachte der Contactor schaltet erst DC zum SI durch, nachdem er über CAN kommuniziert.

Mit nicht einschalten meine ich dass wenn ich auf die Power ein Taste (mittlere der drei tasten auf dem Gerät) drücke nichts passiert. Auch wenn ich diese gedrückt halte passiert nichts.

Wenn der SI DC Saft braucht ist klar, warum er sich nicht einschaltet. Aber wie bekomme ich denn den Contactor bzw. die pre charge unit Strom an zu schalten?

Den Pre-Charger habe ich doch richtig angeschlossen oder?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Alex (9. Oktober 2016 um 19:09)

• OK, habs herausgefunden, ich hatte die precharge unit und das BMS am Contactor vertauscht. Jetzt geht der SI an.
    ich habe auch erfolgreich ein neues System konfiguriert.
    Er erkennt auch dass der aktuelle Strombedarf von 600 Watt vom Grid kommt und wenn er versucht den aus der Batterie zu ziehen löst ein FI aus.
    Ich dachte eigentlich den SI nicht an einen FI angeschlossen zu haben aber dem werde ich gleich auf den Grund gehen.
    So viele Steine im Weg kurz vor dem Ziel :)

• OK, AC Sicherung ist jetzt auch richtig angeschlossen, so dass der FI nicht mehr auslöst, sobald der SI aktiv wird.

Jetzt hatte ich eine Zellspannung von 3,7 Volt also soc 50% und hätte erwartet, dass er die 600 Watt die ich im Moment verbrauche aus der Batt holt. Statdessen fängt er an mit 3,4 kw aus dem netz den Akku zu laden.

Batteriechemie im BMS von LifePo4 A123 auf Li-po Kokam High capacity umgestellt. Nun wird SOC richtig angezeigt und die Akkus mit 29 amp entladen Grid 0,0 endlich.

Jetzt mal schauen wie ich den SI auf 2,5 kw limitiere und im Portal registriert bekomme.

Und die durch den Shunt ermittelten Werte stimmen auch nicht. die 29 amp bei 55 volt wären ja 1,6 kw und nicht 600 Watt

Vielen Dank für die Unterstützung.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Alex (9. Oktober 2016 um 21:20)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Die vom shunt gemessenen Werte kannst Du im BMS konfigurieren (via commando im der windows app) wenn ich mich recht erinnere. Tja mühsam ernährt sich das Eichhörnchen...
    müsste via
    Voltage to current coefficient
    'I','O','J','A','?'/ Returns float value
    'I','O','J','A',' ','xxx'
    gehen

• Hat super geklappt. Tine von REC hat mir die Infos zu allen Shunt Versionen geschickt:

IOJA 0.00390625 and pres Query for 100A
    IOJA 0.0078125and pres Query for 200A
    IOJA 0.01171875 and pres Query for 300A
    IOJA 0.01953125 and pres Query for 400A

Heute Morgen waren noch 23% Saft in der Batterie, die niedrigste Zelle lag bei 3,6 Volt und seit 3 Stunden wurde Saft aus dem Netz gezogen. Da muss ich wohl im SI irgend was umstellen, dass er den Akku tiefer entlädt.

BMS habe ich auf 3,35V min Volt stehen.

• Hier habe ich gelesen, dass es am aktivierten Saisonbetrieb liegen kann.

Leider speichert mir der Sunny Explorer die Änderungen nicht obwohl ich im Profil Installateur angemeldet bin. :( es kommt auch keine Fehlermeldung der Speichern Knopf hat ein gestricheltes Feld um den Knopf.

• Offizieller Beitrag

schau mal unter:
    Nächstes Projekt: Batteriespeicher für daheim
    Evtl. remote Control probieren?

• Hallo Carel,

vielen Dank für die Info. Werde das mal prüfen.

Gruß Winfried

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!